Membership Joining Categories
Restricted B Members
- Restricted B members are permitted to play Thursday PM, Friday, Sunday AM and PM mixed and medley competitions and social golf as and when the course is available for social play.
- Restricted B male members are permitted to play Wednesday AM (not PM) competitions.
- Restricted B female members are permitted to play Tuesday AM and Thursday AM competitions.
- Restricted B members may also play in other competitions as determined by the Match Committee including Honour Board events or with the express approval of the Captain.
- Junior Members are permitted to play in the Thursday PM, Sunday AM or PM mixed competitions.
- Junior male members may play in the Wednesday AM competition.
- Junior female members may play in the Tuesday AM and Thursday AM competitions.
- Junior Members are not permitted to play in the Saturday AM or PM competitions. Any exceptions will be at the discretion / invitation of the Captain.
- Junior Members may enter “Major” Club competitions at the discretion of the Captain.
- A Junior membership may be terminated at any time at the discretion of the Board.
- Country Members, who are members normally residing not less than 120km from the Perth GPO, are restricted to 18 games at the Club in each Club financial year.
- Country members are permitted to play Thursday PM, Friday, Sunday AM and PM mixed competitions and social golf as and when the course is available for social play.
- Male Country members are permitted to play in the Wednesday AM (not PM) competitions.
- Female Country members are permitted to play Tuesday AM and Thursday AM competitions.
- Any games played as a representative of a Club pennant team are additional.
Practice Plus Members
- Social Plus Members have full use of the Clubhouse facilities.
- Social Plus Members with a GA Handicap can access certain 18 Hole Social Golf competitions as determined by the Club Captain.
- Social Plus Members with a GA Handicap can play the Twilight Competition during the Twilight Season.
- Social Plus Members may, on payment of a green fee, play the course, other than Club Competitions, not more than six times per year.
- Social Plus Members may utilise the practice facilities on Monday to Sunday from 1pm.
- Members who join the Club as Social Plus Members may transfer to a Restricted 9 or 18 Hole category, if membership category limits allow subject to the conditions stipulated under By-Law 7.19 – Membership Category Change.
- A person who has attained the age of 18 years, being a spouse or from the household of a member, or such other person as the Board may approve, may be elected as a social member of the Club.
- Social Members have full use of the clubhouse facilities, however, may not use the golf facilities other than subject to the conditions applicable to guests.
Temporary Club Membership
Overseas visitors and interstate visitors to Perth may, on application, be granted temporary Club membership for monthly periods not exceeding six consecutive months on payment of a pro rata sum equal to 200% of the current annual subscription. Such visitors may belong to one of the following categories: Restricted A or Junior. Temporary membership confers full privileges of the Clubhouse facilities. Applications for temporary membership must be accompanied by documentary evidence that the applicant is a current member of a Club affiliated to the AGU or equivalent overseas body and holds a current handicap.
Reciprocal Club Membership
Reciprocal members will have such use of the club’s facilities as per the memorandum of understanding between the club and the reciprocal member’s home club.
Please refer to the Mount Lawley Golf Club By-Laws for more information.