The annual MLGC Gala Day is fast approaching and we are busily preparing to make this year’s event a great success. Gala Day will take place on Friday, 1st April and we are currently looking for members to get involved in the day. Our Gala Day is a major fundraiser for Junior Development at the Club, with proceeds going towards a number of golf development activities to promote and enhance the game for the next generation of golfers. Fundraising for junior development is used to help fund the following:
- Resources for junior members
- Annual scholarships for junior members
- Support for elite junior members to play in State and National golf events
Our aim is to get 30 teams to participate in a team stableford event, with registration, lunch and refreshments from 11:30am and tee off at 12:30pm. During the golf day there will be novelty holes and activities to enjoy.
A sumptuous dinner and fine wine will follow golf, with the presentation of an array of prizes, together with a silent auction and raffle.
There are a number of ways in which members can support the day:
- Enter a team of 4 – with limited spots remaining be quick to register your interest
- Donate Silent Auction / Raffle Prizes – we are looking for anything we can auction or raffle such as sporting memorabilia, sporting equipment, electronic goods, vouchers and of course cash
- Donate bottle(s) of wine for the wine wall (Both quality & quaffers)
Gala Day has grown over the years to be not only a fun filled day for all participants, but a vital avenue for the Club to raise funds for our Junior Development Program.
We take this opportunity to thank this year’s naming sponsors of the Gala Day, Toro for their support and we look forward to another successful year of fundraising.
For details on how to be involved, please contact the administration office on 9271 9622 for more information.